MOSCOW — A 34-year-old Plummer man was struck and killed as he walked on U.S. Highway 95 on Friday evening, say officials.
The vehicle versus pedestrian crash occurred at about 7 p.m. Friday near U.S. Highway 95 and Desmet Road in Benewah County, between Moscow and Coeur d’Alene, according to a news release from Idaho State Police.
A 64-year-old man from Post Falls was driving a semi-truck north when he struck the Plummer man. He was in the northbound lane of US-95 when he was hit, officials said.
“The roadway was blocked for approximately three-and-a-half hours to allow emergency responders to assist those involved and investigate this incident,” police said.
The pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene. His next of kin have been notified, officials said.
The incident is still under investigation by Idaho State Police.
The post Plummer man killed while walking on US-95 appeared first on East Idaho News.
Plummer man killed while walking on US-95
- What is ‘normal’ earthquake activity in Yellowstone National Park?
- Idaho’s execution of Thomas Creech halted after prison officials can’t find vein
- Idaho Sen. Jim Risch spoofed on ‘Saturday Night Live’ over endorsing Trump for president
- Missing Montpelier woman found dead in Nevada, law enforcement investigating cause
- US sues to block merger of grocery giants Kroger and Albertsons, saying it could push prices higher