Press "Enter" to skip to content

Grease fire at Ammon McDonald’s causes brief evacuation

Morgan Mathis,
AMMON — A fire caused a brief evacuation at a McDonald’s in Ammon Thursday after a grease fire in the kitchen.
The Bonneville County Fire District was called to the McDonald’s at 1875 South 25th East at around 11:30 a.m. Two engines responded, as well as an ambulance from the Idaho Falls Fire Department.
BCFD Captain Jon Molbert said the fire started in one of the fryers and did minimal damage.
“The fire protection system worked as it was designed,” he told “It extinguished the fire before we got there.”
McDonald’s employees tell the restaurant is closed for an undetermined amount of time while employees clean up the fire suppression. They plan to reopen as soon as possible.
No injuries were reported.
The post Grease fire at Ammon McDonald’s causes brief evacuation appeared first on East Idaho News.

Be First to Comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *