Press "Enter" to skip to content

Fort Hall home a total loss following Tuesday morning fire

Courtesy Shoshone-Bannock Tribes
FORT HALL — A home in Fort Hall has been determined to be a total loss after a fire Tuesday.
The Fort Hall Fire Department responded to a house fire on Johnson Road in the Gibson District just before noon, according to a news release from the Shoshone-Bannock Tribes.
“The owner and his wife were in town at the time of the fire,” Fort Hall Fire Chief Eric King says in the release. “It is believed that the fire started in the chimney chase due to a cracked chimney liner, then spread to the inside of the residence.”
The Blackfoot Fire Department assisted with the incident.
Due to high winds, it took crews from Blackfoot and Fort Hall more than 40 minutes to extinguish the blaze, the release says. Crews did not clear the area until around 2:30 p.m.
There have been no injuries to residents, firefighters or animals reported.
The post Fort Hall home a total loss following Tuesday morning fire appeared first on East Idaho News.
Source: eastidahonews.com

Be First to Comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *