The following is a news release from Blue Cross of Idaho:
IDAHO FALLS — On Saturday, April 22, Blue Cross of Idaho, Eastern Idaho Public Health District, the Idaho State Police the Bonneville County Sheriff’s Office, Idaho Falls Police Department, Center for Hope and the Bonneville Youth Development Coalition will partner for the first time to help clear east Idaho homes of potentially-dangerous, expired, unused and unwanted prescription and over-the-counter drugs.
Residents may drop off medications, including tablets, capsules, patches and other solid forms of prescription drugs at the Blue Cross of Idaho Conference Center in the Mountain America Center this Saturday.
The Bonneville Youth Development Coalition will provide donuts to any resident who drops off medication.
Since 2016, Idahoans have discarded approximately 52.4 tons of unwanted medications.
The event is being held at The Blue Cross of Idaho Conference Center in the Mountain America Center — 1690 Event Center Dr., Idaho Falls. The Blue Cross of Idaho Center, on the north side of campus, is best accessed using the second or third parking lot entrance off of Event Center Drive. Volunteers will be there till 2 p.m.
Take-Back Day is a national effort to raise awareness and reduce prescription drug abuse in local communities.Disposal sites offer individuals and families a safe, anonymous way to rid their homes of unwanted medication.
The post Drug Take-Back Day helps clear homes of potentially dangerous over-the-counter drugs appeared first on East Idaho News.
Drug Take-Back Day helps clear homes of potentially dangerous over-the-counter drugs
- 5 people hospitalized, 3 arrested in Friday night brawl
- Doom Haunted Attraction scaring up money for D.A.R.E starting Friday
- Pancake breakfast and airplane rides available at Rigby Airport open house
- This little device can prevent strokes and heart attacks without surgery — and Portneuf has installed 200 of them
- St. Anthony home destroyed in fire
- House passes a 45-day funding plan and sends it to Senate
- Video provides first clear views of WWII aircraft carriers lost in the pivotal Battle of Midway
- Netflix’s DVD-by-mail service bows out as its red-and-white envelopes make their final trip
- New details emerge about the slaying of beloved tech CEO and the suspect in her killing
- Toys ‘R’ US to open stores across US, including at airports and cruise ships
- Educators lose teaching certificates over student sex abuse, aggravated assault
- Can Idaho doctors be prosecuted for providing emergency abortions? Court says yes
- Utah couple accused of making nearly $1.5 million off counterfeit DVD sales
- Former Operation Underground Railroad employees accuse Tim Ballard of sexual misconduct
- How a looming government shutdown could hit national parks